literal negativity



Literal negativity
You see, I am not much of a thing. I felt that this fact had to be revealed sooner or later. But, before I proceed, let me tell you a few things.
·         I am indestructible
·         I am the source for all activities in this ever – expanding universe
·         I am the epitome of energy
Yes, I am a supernatural electron.
Talking of my birth, I don’t remember it. I claim to be as old as my parents, but, for some reason, they claim superiority and it has remained that way. I don’t want to talk about my death as I am pretty sure I am not dead yet, but, it is hard to tell as I don’t remember being born.
However, I still remember those early years. I went to all-know-mium ‘element’ary school. I wasn’t much of a student. My teachers were firm upon the idea that I had no potential. Math was my worst subject. I was particularly bad at stoichiometry  and chemical arithmetic. Somehow, I was able to displace all my exams successfully and I finished schooling.  Then, I attained a charge (i.e. degree) in the University of Technetium. My ambition was to work in either Germanium or Francium.  Just when my career was taking a decisive turn, tragedy struck, a major rift had been created in the fragile political balance and as social physicists had proclaimed, a war broke out.
This war, which later came to be known as ‘octet onslaught’, wasn’t anything like the silly wars humans fight for land. It was larger than anything you can think of. Let me explain. Holding a charge in one’s possession was a matter of prestige in our society. But, the absurd and crazy result of this war was that arch social rivals began to ‘share’ and ‘donate’ their charges to each other to form stable compounds. I mean, it was mind-boggling. How could a metal  befriend a non-metal?  How could an acid befriend a base?  A few days ago, the thought of the other would have brought about the thought of hatred.   
AND SO LIFE WENT ON....
I decide that I would become a housing ‘reagent’ because it was the most profitable job on the cards.
A few years on, I was hit by a wave of spirituality. I was influenced by the humanitarian aspect of our lives. I decided to convert my religion into ‘organic’. It was only then did I realize that sharing was the most important value.
I thought that I would spend the rest of my life in the π-bond of the sp3 hybridized atom of methane.
But then, the trend was shifting. Humans had discovered a roll-a coaster for electrons…the electric current.
New sports such as motor-sports emerged.
Then, I became an F1 racer. It has been my passion ever-since. Driving through the straights in the physics lab, passing through circuits with high voltage and last but not the least…navigating the resistors.
It was in my blood. Apparently, I DO HAVE A HIGH POTENTIAL.
Now I hold by the motto-:  speed thrills and also doesn’t kill.
You see, much happens in the little life of an electron
Anyway
Sayonara.
 (p.s…post your tweets @ #amazingelectron#)  

Shreeram.S.Chandra

Comments

Popular Posts